Monday 4 February 2013

Old mix CDs

Going through lots of old mix CDs from 8 or 9 years ago. I sure liked Felt, Bark Psychosis, and Ride a lot. KC Accidental by Broken Social Scene makes it onto multiple mixes too, a song I'd forgotten about. Compilation tapes and CDs really are made of aspic, transport me back to such definite points in time, such feelings. They are really important to me, like diaries.

I'm hoping to find spare moments in which to do all these old CDs justice and give them proper track listings. So saying, some of them are so battered from not having sleeves, as to contain unplayable songs, which just breaks my heart! Maybe I can rescue a few songs and burn them onto the hard drive.

Found ones from friends of the time too, and will try to get them into order too. Songs that you remember but just cannot name or place break my heart a bit too. Could start some sort of club - name that tune...

Currently listening to: Shallow by Heavenly, and realising once again how it is one of the best songs ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment