Thursday 1 November 2012

Wimbledon book exchange

I smiled when passing the book exchange in the waiting room on platform 5 of Wimbledon train station - a fanzine was placed on the window sill inside! I have been thinking of leaving my mini zines there for a while but every time I pass, I've forgotten and am empty handed. Not so today - today I could leave a lovely handful of the latest mini issue of The All Thrills No Frills Music Bill.

The zine I picked up in return was a railway walkers' enthusiasts magazine - excellent! not what I'd ever usually read so I enjoyed that little peek into this world - of lists of railway bridges, reports on disused railway line walks, and updates on minutiae changes to stations all round the UK. A strange breed of people - but I am the music fan equivalent so I identify, frankly.




I've thought of at least three people I could pass this little magazine onto and no doubt will. It feels good leaving your zine in random places. I finally had my first feedback from a stranger via a comment on here, and it felt good to have that communication, to know that someone gets what I'm doing and enjoys it.

No comments:

Post a Comment