Wednesday 7 November 2012

Cops and Robyn Hitchcock

I was virtually running round the house last night when I read about this gig:

November 17, 2012 – Kensal Green, London, at the Lexi Cinema. Robyn Hitchcock plays a one-off show, co-starring with the 1973 Clint Eastwood movie Magnum Force. The film – depicting an epic duel of personalities between ‘Dirty Harry’ (Eastwood) and his nemesis, Briggs (Hal Holbrook) – will stop at various points and Robyn will sing a song triggered by whatever has just happened in the story.

This is the gig of a life-time, and I have not been this excited about a gig in years! Robyn Hitchcock is a genius in the greyest of times, but he'll be bonkers brilliant joy for this. I wish I had the means to be a bootlegger!
I'm now set to wondering if the perfect, magical acoustic gig RH did last Autumn ever did make it onto DVD?

No comments:

Post a Comment